Friday, October 8, 2021

From Paul (MTI), 2021.07.27

 

The future is here! 

 Etorkizuna hemen dago!



From Paul Howey (MTI)

WhatsApp 
2020/12/31, 
 
Joseba, thank you for your kind wishes, it is good to hear from you. Thanks for the photos also.  
 
(...) 
 
I have been working on new designs - so it hasn't been a waste. 
 
We would love to come back to your country once we can.  
 
Take care of yourself and your family, your friends 
 
Paul and Julia.

   

Paul was in Bilbao

 

We talked about the GPS/Solar PTTs.

 

Here what he wrote me after his coming to Bilbao:

 

2021.07.27

Howey, Paul

2021/7/27


Dear Joseba,

 

It's really good to hear from you, (...)

 

OK about PTTs, I have at last finished the new tiny GPS version. I was going to get in touch with you soon - so you must have psychic powers.

 

I actually took one with me to Scotland and had it attached to my hat !

 

When will you next be able to catch woodcock?  - I would like to build and give you two prototype 9.5g GPS PTTs to deploy. They will look exactly like the PTTs you have had from us before, but behave like our bigger GPS ones. They will take several GPS fixes per day at predetermined times which are stored then transmitted to Argos every couple of days. Look at the specs of our 22g GPS PTT.

 

One day we would like to come back to your beautiful part of the world, it was the last place we traveled to before the Pandemic (... ).

 

My best wishes to your wife and daughters - and of course yourself.

 

Your friend,

 

Paul



Oharra:

22g GPS PTT: https://www.microwavetelemetry.com/solar_argos_gps_22g_ptt