Saturday, September 3, 2022

 

Howey, Paul

Nori:

2022/2/5, Lr., 13:37

Dear Joseba,

It is really nice to hear from you, I hope you and your three girls are fine.  We are both well.  (...)  I also needed to check with Ted before giving you an answer.

I know that you normally catch the Woodcocks around now, so I hopefully am not too late again.

Let me explain where we are, I have two of the 10 gram GPS PTTs here for you but I am waiting on Ted to finish the software for them, we discovered a few "Bugs" that affect the GPS message recording that need to be fixed.  I was hoping he would have done this months ago but it's priority has unfortunately fallen way down the list.  We are so close yet so far !

I have told him we need to get this completed in the next few days and I will work with him over the phone one day next week to make sure it is done, probably on Wednesday.

The problem is are we too late ?  -  Do you still have the opportunity to catch two birds ?  -  Am I correct in thinking that you catch them just before New Moon when it is darkest ?

If we can get the software finished and tested next week then I think I can complete the PTTs by "say" the 18th Feb at the earliest.  We would then have to get them to you from here in the UK, I'm not sure with all this extra Brexit paperwork how easy that will be.  Do you have any experience with that lately ?  It would be nice if we could just bring them to you !

Anyway the basic question is - Is it too late ?  We will deal with all the other problems as they occur.

Have a great day, hopefully it has warmed up there, it is about 9 deg C here today.

Bye for now,

Sincerely,

Paul