Saturday, November 12, 2022

The coming back of Gernika (1)

Nov. 2022

Good morning Paul 
Iratxe and Gernika  have low charge 

Almost sure that Iratxe is female and she could be in her nest 
As to Gernika, let's wait a little bit...
But maybe the bird is also a female in the same situation. 

Have a nice weekend 
All the best 
joseba
oooooo
Hello my friend, good to hear from you, I hope all's well with you and your family.  
... Yes I am also following Iratxe and Gernika - I am very pleased that the PTTs are working. 
I haven't looked at the GPS data lately though. With low charge we may loose GPS fixes. 
I will have a look this evening. It might be possible to very accurately locate the nests. 
We have just made a few more of these PTTs to go on Hen Harriers here in the UK.
More later. Take care of yourself. 
Paul
 
oooooo
Dear Joseba, sorry for the long delay, it was really good to hear from you, ...
It is too long since we have exchanged words !  
I wanted to check the data on your birds before replying - and I think that they are both still alive 
but hiding in the dark !   
- I expect that you have seen that they have both moved south since you wrote, they need to get back 
to the Basque country to get some sunshine. Hopefully they will both be back soon and you might even be able 
to get to see them again.  The charge is always quite low on them, I need to think of a way to boost the battery
 voltage, it may seem counter intuitive - but putting a smaller capacity battery in them might work. 
I also have another magic trick I might experiment with.
...
The Pintxos are much better in your country !  We will have to come over and see you again before too long.

Take care of yourself 
Paul and Julia 
oooooo
Sorry, 
I was completely misled and was not able to use the Parser properly
My goodness 
It's very OK 
Both birds are coming back!

Thanks again
Take care
All the best

joseba


oooooo
Yes, unfortunately the charge is too low to operate the GPS so we are only occasionally getting Doppler locations. 
...
Bye for now  
Paul